THE MUDJAW BOWMEN
(Amended July 2015)
The name of this club shall be: “The Mudjaw Bowmen.”
The purpose of this club shall be:
- To foster, expand, perpetuate, and better the practice of archery in the United States:
- To cooperate with all conservation organizations and clubs and to procure better hunting conditions and privileges for archers;
- To maintain a field archery course, and a clubhouse and indoor archery range, and conduct all field tournaments in accordance with the rules of the NFAA and rules adopted by the Club; and
- To foster recreational and social activities for its members.
- To promote the education of the sport of archery.
The elected officers of this club shall consist of: President, Vice President, Recording Secretary, Treasurer, and Financial Secretary. The Board of Directors shall consist of the elected officers plus two Directors appointed by the President and four elected by the voting members.
The Constitution may be amended by the vote of 2/3 of the certificate holding members in good standing present in person or by proxy at any regular or special meeting of the voting members, or by the written consent of a majority of the certificate holding members in good standing. Any proposal to amend the Constitution shall be in writing, and a copy of the proposed amendment and notice of the time and place of the meeting at which it will be presented for a vote shall be delivered or mailed to all certificate holding members. The Parliamentary Authority for the Mudjaw Bowmen for all purposes shall be Robert’s Rules of Order Newly Revised.
This Club shall only be dissolved by a 2/3 vote of Active Certificate Holding Members. In the event of dissolution, the Active Certificate Holding Members will discuss and vote on proposals for the disposition of the Club’s assets. Proposals may include, but are not limited to, donation of property to a wildlife organization, merger or combination with another archery organization, escrowing sales proceeds for a future reorganization, etc. The approval of the final disposition must carry by a majority vote.
For purposes of the Ohio Nonprofit Corporation Law, this Constitution and the Bylaws of this club shall together be the “Code of Regulations” of The Mudjaw Bowmen.